Haunted Savannah

A discussion of tours and ghosts written by the author of best-selling local book 'Haunted Savannah' and noted speaker at Ghostock II. His work has been featured on the Travel Channel, ConnectSavannah, the Savannah Morning News, WSOK Radio, and the New York Daily News.

For reservations for either Ghost Tours or Haunted Pub Crawls in Savannah, please call (912) 604-3007.

Name:
Location: Savannah, Georgia, United States

I'm a tour owner, tour guide, author and painter. My tour has been featured on the Travel Channel, the Savannah Morning News, ConnectSavannah, WSOK (Savannah) radio and the New York Daily News.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

More TAPS comments

I get the occasional comment or email from this blog. Most deal with that TV show Ghost Hunters: TAPS, of which I am assuredly not a fan. I've gone to great lengths to not make fun of TAPS (it is a mighty struggle), and try to keep my comments factual and impartial.

Here is the most recent comment:
Anonymous said...

Would TAPS fake evidence?

Folks, this is a TV show. It is entertainment. If you haven't figured that out with the 'hipper than hip' camera moves and Real World-esque drama amongst the cast, then nothing I can say about the show will change your mind.

These guys give ghost hunters a bad name-- and given the second-science status of most paranormal investigations, that is really saying something. I've given up watching the show because of their shoddy scientific work, and unprofessional attitude.

Regarding the post by a reader: who cares? These guys have zero respect in the professional community... of which I do not consider myself a member, by the way. If you consider holding up your arms on camera and saying 'I feel a cold spot' evidence, you're missing the point.

If you like the show, then fine. But don't ever consider what they do to be a real invstigation, because it just isn't-- it's entertainment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter